Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How to - Climbing Photography


I came across this video last night despite it being two years old. I have always had a fascination with photography and especially extreme sports photography. Seeing someone skiing backwards down a half pipe during the X Games with a camera strapped to their hand is extreme in its own right.

This video provides a little insight into how a photographer sets up and shoots on a big wall climb. The rigging, the preparation, and the equipment, certainly seems more complex and difficult than that of the actual climber! For once I'm glad the camera was turned around, so we have a glimpse into the work that goes into these amazing climbing videos. If you would like to see the result of the photographer's (Simon Carter) work, see the video below.

I myself enjoy photography, and plan to write about some amateur photo DIY projects in the future. However, I can assure you they won't be half as extreme as this. Let us know in the comments if you have any experience shooting good climbing photography. Have you tried using a GoPro or Contour camera? What about photography would you like to learn more about?

-Jonathan


I don't take any credit for either video. Check out nikonaustralia on YouTube for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment